Fong-On Bay Camping Area
Fong-On Bay Camping Area is a captivating destination nestled within the picturesque Danbulla State Forest, located on the central part of the Atherton Tableland, approximately 70 kilometers (about 1.5 hours) from Cairns.
Facilities & Amenities
Suitable For Camper Trailer
Suitable For Campervans
Suitable For Tents
Water (Non drinking)
1) Campfires are allowed in designated fire rings, subject to fire ban conditions.
2) Generators are permitted within specific hours and noise limits in the Fong-On Bay and Downfall Creek camping areas.
Things to know
Fong-On Bay Camping Area can be conveniently accessed by various modes of transportation. Conventional vehicles can easily reach the camping area through the unsealed Danbulla Road, with the Tablelands Regional Council indicating that caravans are unsuitable for this road. Cyclists can also access the camping area via bicycle, while boating enthusiasts can utilize boats, canoes, or kayaks for a scenic journey. The campsite's open area design is suitable for tent camping beside vehicles, camper trailers, and large groups. Campers are advised to bring their essentials such as drinking water and insect repellent. Mobile phone coverage is generally available primarily at the eastern end of the camping area. Campfires are permissible except during fire bans, and generators have specific usage guidelines to ensure a peaceful environment. Firewood can be brought or purchased before entering the park.
The camping area's prime location near the waters of the bay offers a range of outdoor activities:
1) Swimming and canoeing in the cool waters of the bay.
2) Fishing for those who enjoy angling.
3) Waterskiing, particularly favored by watersport enthusiasts.
4) Scenic boating and kayaking to explore the picturesque surroundings.
5) Exploring the historical and natural attractions along Danbulla Road, such as World Heritage-listed rainforests, historical sites, and charming picnic spots.