Teewah Beach Camping Area Zone 2
Teewah Beach Camping Area Zone 2, located in Cooloola Recreation Area within the Great Sandy National Park on the Sunshine Coast, offers a unique and picturesque beachside camping experience.
Facilities & Amenities
Suitable For Camper Trailer
Suitable For Caravans
Suitable For Tents
1) Open fires: Prohibited. Only cooking and heating appliances that meet the below requirements are permitted unless a QFES total fire ban is in place.
2) Generators: Only low decibel generators up to 2.0Kva are permitted between 7am and 9pm. Consider neighbours especially at night. Please turn generators off at 9pm.
Things to know
Access to this camping area is only possible via high-clearance 4WD vehicles. All vehicles must be registered, drivers must be licensed, and Queensland road rules apply, even on the beach. A vehicle access permit is required for entry, and it should be displayed on your windscreen before entering the recreation area. Teewah Beach Camping Area Zone 2 offers beach camping without formally defined sites, allowing for a sense of freedom and choice in your camping spot. Facilities include generators (with conditions), tent camping, caravan camping, camper trailer camping, and portable toilets. Portable toilets must have a sealed waste holding tank and should be suitable for emptying into a portable toilet waste facility. Bag and bucket style toilets are not permitted. Campers are advised to bring essentials like fuel or gas cooking appliances, portable toilets, drinking water, fuel or gas stoves, rubbish bags, a first-aid kit, insect repellent, sunscreen, and sand pegs. Open fires are prohibited, and only approved cooking and heating appliances that use gas or manufactured fuel are allowed. Generators are permitted, but only low decibel generators up to 2.0Kva are allowed between 7 am and 9 pm. Considerate use is encouraged, especially at night. Mobile phone coverage is not available in the area, but there is a pay phone at Freshwater camping area, just north of Teewah Beach Camping Zone 2.
1) Teewah Beach Camping Area Zone 2 offers a stunning backdrop with she-oaks, banksias, pandanus palms, and colorful sand cliffs.
2) Activities include fishing for bream and flathead, beachcombing, bird watching (look out for birds of prey), and whale watching during the winter months when humpback whales migrate along the coastline.
3) It's an excellent location for 4WD adventures, with opportunities to explore nearby attractions like Rainbow Beach and Freshwater Road.
4) The Cooloola beach drive is a scenic route to explore the striking colored sands of Rainbow Beach.